Super Visa Requirements:
- An application for a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa is made using the Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside of Canada [IMM 5257] form.
- -In addition to the information required for completing the IMM 5257, the applicant must also provide proof of the parent or grandparent relationship to the Canadian citizen or permanent resident and a signed letter from their child or grandchild pledging financial support to the parent or grandparent for the duration of their visit to Canada.
- -Evidence of the family’s ability to provide that financial support must be submitted with the application. The ability to support visiting parents or grandparents is based on a minimum necessary income (known as the low income cut-off, or LICO). The chart below is also used to determine an individual’s ability to sponsor family members through the Family Class. The minimum necessary income is updated each year on January 1.
Applicants must also submit proof that they have purchased Canadian medical insurance that:
- is valid for a minimum period of one year from the date of entry to Canada;
- provides a minimum of $100,000 in coverage; and
- covers the applicant for health care, hospitalization and repatriation.
- Applicants must also meet all standard admissibility criteria. There are a number of reasons why you can be found inadmissible, denied a visa and refused entry to Canada.
- For the visa officer to determine whether the applicant is medically admissible to Canada, the applicant will also be required to undergo an Immigration Medical Examination (IME) prior to being issued a Super Visa.
Along with their application,applicants applying under Super Visa Category will only be eligible for a Super Visa if they have submitted the following documents:
- A valid travel document (such as a passport).
- Two recent passport photographs of each family member are required. Make sure these photographs meet the requirements of CIC.
- Enclose the application fee.
- Must provide proof that you have sufficient funds for your visit to Canada. The amount of money may vary depending on the circumstances for your visit, how long you will stay and whether you will stay in a hotel, or with friends or relatives. You can get more information from the Canadian visa office in your country or region.
- You may need to include other documents. These documents could be identification cards, proof of employment, a letter of invitation from relatives or friends in Canada, or a proposed itinerary.
- Evidence of the parent or grandparent relationship to the Canadian citizen or permanent resident you wish to visit (e.g., birth certificate, baptismal certificate or other official document naming you as parent);
- A letter of invitation from your child or grandchild that includes arrangements for care and support and indicates the number of people residing in their household in Canada (mandatory);
- Proof from your child or grandchild that he or she meets the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO); and
- Proof that you have private medical insurance valid for a minimum of one year from a Canadian insurance company and that:
- Covers health care, hospitalization and repatriation;
- Provides a minimum coverage of $100,000; and
- Is valid for each entry to Canada and available for review by a port of entry officer.
According to the information above from the government’s website, proof of Canadian medical insurance is required. While this may change in the future to a list of approved international carriers, the guidance so far is for visitors to purchase visitors insurance from a Canadian company. Why the restriction? Canadian travel insurance companies are governed by the regulations in Canada, and the government probably feels safer that any claims will be paid for by a company they can regulate. The government doesn’t want to be the one to have to pay any claims, or sue a company that doesn’t pay out a claim. Hospital costs for visitors to Canada can amount to over $3,000 per day, and air ambulance charges to return you home could very easily be in the tens of thousands of dollars. We recommend $100,000 of medical insurance coverage if peace of mind is what you are after, and a higher amount if you are visiting from farther away, or more elderly. Any policy less than $50,000 will be subjecting the family to unnecessary financial burden.
Benefits of purchasing a comprehensive super visa insurance plan rather than opting for a cheaper insurance plan are as follows:
- Includes pre-existing medical condition.
- Covers healthcare, hospitalization and ouster (return of remains to home country in the case of death) costs.
- Easy renewal plan when parents decide to stay over a period of one year.
- In case applicants are denied Visa We assure you 100% refund on the amount paid for.
- If your parents stay in Canada for less than a year, and there’s no health-care or medical claim, we make sure you get a refund on the unused portion of the insurance.
Anyone applying for the Canadian Super Visa must show they’ve purchased private medical insurance that meets the Super Visa requirements. All of the Super Visa travel health insurance quotes you obtain today through our insurance agency will meet the following requirements, should you proceed to buy Super Visa health insurance through us. It will:
- – Be issued by a Canadian insurance company
- – Be valid for the one year period you specify at the time of purchase
- – Include the necessary health care, hospitalization and repatriation coverage
- – Provide a minimum of $100,000 in coverage, although you can opt for more
Private health insurance that meets the requirements of Canadian Immigration must cover healthcare, hospitalization and ouster (return of remains to home country in the case of death) costs. Our team comprises of people who are permanent residents or citizens of Canada who have arrived in Canada as immigrants and settled here for a quality life. We can understand the pain of separation from your parents or grandparents. The government has given us an excellent opportunity to reunite with our loved ones through Super Visa. We can guide you in your doubts regarding super visa along with offering you the most affordable quotes than our competitors. As we are aware of the concept that one size does not fit all we offer wide range of policies which are suitable to your pockets.